This year’s treat is Peppermint Pretzel Bark, and it is soooo easy to make… and if you’re like me… you’ll already have most of the ingredients in the pantry. The inspiration came from a shopping trip to Whole Foods. I saw a tin of peppermint bark… and I resisted the urge to buy it as my cart was already too full… so I decided to try to make it at home instead!
I started by putting five candy canes in a food processor…. now, you could put the candy canes in a storage bag and beat beat the dickens out of them with a rolling pin… but I opted to not waste a bag. Talk about eco-friendly!
Before sticking the peppermint pretzel bark in the refrigerator, gently press the big pieces of pretzels into the chocolate.
- 1 bag non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 5 candy canes
- festive sprinkles (optional)
- Break the candy canes into little pieces by pulsing with a food processor.
- Break the pretzels into pieces by hand.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or by microwave.
- Pour in 2/3 of the peppermint pieces into the melted chocolate.
- Add 3/4 of the pretzel pieces into the chocolate and mix.
- Spread the chocolate on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle reserved peppermint and pretzel pieces.
- Sprinkle the festive sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Press the large pieces of pretzels into the chocolate.
- Put the baking sheet in refrigerator to set. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces before serving.