I have a super easy and delicious recipe to share today. It’s a recipe for roasted red pepper pasta, and it only uses six ingredients. This dish is so quick to make… (like only about 20 minutes!).
I used a Vitamix blender for this recipe, but if you don’t have a high-powered blender… have no fear… you can create the same smooth sauce by soaking the cashews for a few hours before blending.
To make this dish…
The very first thing that you need to get the pasta going. Use a pound of whatever type of pasta that you that you like. The sauce will come together while the pasta is cooking.
Start by dicing one medium size onion and two cloves of garlic.
Next, heat a large deep pan with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic. Cook the garlic for about a minute. Make sure the pan is not too hot, if the garlic burns it will become bitter…
Now, add the onion to the pan. Let them cook until they soften and start to brown. This should take about five minutes.
While the onions are sautéing, slice some roasted red peppers. I used two 12 ounce jars from Trader Joe’s.
After the onions are soft, add the peppers to the pan. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Then turn off the heat.
Here comes the fun part!
Put the content of the pan into a blender. Add a half cup of raw cashews, a tablespoon of nutritional yeast (nooch!), and a half cup of broth to the blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour the contents of the blender back into pan.
Now, pour the cooked and drained pasta into the sauce and stir… yummmm
Before serving, garnish with something green. I used fresh basil, but fresh parsley would be nice, too!
I served this roasted red pepper pasta to my family right out of the pan… one less dish to wash! Bon Appetite!
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 24 ounces of jarred roasted red peppers
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- salt to taste
- Start the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep pan to medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan, and let cook for about one minute.
- Next, add the diced onions to the pan. Cook until onions are soften (about 5 minutes).
- While the onions are cooking, dice the roasted red peppers.
- After the onions have softened, add the roasted red peppers to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- In a high powered blender, add the ingredients from the pan.
- Pour in the broth, cashews, and nutritional yeast.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pan and heat to simmer.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and pour the pasta into the pan with the roasted red peppers sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Garnish the dish with fresh basil or fresh parsley.